Saturday, February 6, 2010

Friday/back from Managua



Got back to SJDS and George, Dennis and I went to get stamps, souvenirs and groceries for supper while the chef rested up. We went to the top of a cliff at the edge of town under a giant statue of Jesus to watch the sun set and then came home for supper. It was delicious even though Kris tried to feed us some of the tuna raw. We're off to Playa Remanso for a Rotary gathering this afternoon.
Lisa

Had a highlight day yesterday, first phone call home! Very nice to hear your voice Sandi and that all things are well. Hi to you Stephen, sounds like your looking after your Mom real well from a distance. The view from the hill above SJDS was spectacular, 360 degrees of ocean beach and country side topped off with another great sunset. Back to the b&b where Kris treated us to a wonderful meal, some nice wine and a great visit. The guests here were all gaping at meal Kris prepared with 2 fish, some veggies and of course a little wine saute. Interesting guests, a young couple from Australia, mid aged couple from Vanc. here to escape Olympic fever, and a mature couple backpacking here for a few months from Eastern Canada.
On the move again today, hoping the beach resort is nice.
Dennis

Cooked for the first time in awhile Friday night. I am sure it was just the wine or maybe the trip up to visit Jesus but inspiration came pretty easy when I opened the bag of random vegetables that I asked Lisa to pick up for me at the Mercado. Tuna crusted with cashews and coriander seeds, mackerel braised in a salsa rojo, a salad of carrot and squash with fresh guacamole. I also did a ceviche of tuna with orange and basil but I was the only one that would eat that beautiful tuna the way it is meant to be, raw! Loved the other guests at the B&B gawking while I cooked. Comments like "looks like somebody is a professional" and " you cook so clean" go a long way to pad my already enormous ego.
Kris

1 comment:

  1. I am with you Lisa - I know raw fish is all the rage but I still like mine overcooked. Great looking meal Kris. Hoping all of you have great R&R at the beach resort...sunny here this morning but not quite warm enough for bathing suit. Sandi

    ReplyDelete